Stye Remedies

What is the best way to get rid of a painful swollen stye in one's eye?

Paula from Mebane, NC

Hello Paula,

Old Wives Remedy... and it really works!!

Warm Salt Water... I heat a cup of water in the microwave and add about 1 Tlbs of table salt. Stir and dip the corner of a clean white wash rag in the solution. With eyes closed wipe from the corner of your eye to the outside, rinse and repeat. The salt dries the mucus. It doesn't burn your eye so don't worry :)

To keep from spreading the germs, wash your hands frequently and don't forget to wash all door handles in your house. Keep hands away from face!

I just warm up a wet face cloth (put in mic for 10 seconds or so) and hold it up to the eye. The heat allows the mucus to excape. I usually do this for 10 mins, 3 or 4 times a day.

Our family has always used a warm tea bag. Just heat up a cup of water and place the tea bag in it. Then use the moist tea bag on your eye. It doen't hurt and usually it's better the next day. This has come down through the generations in our family and it works.

OK IM GOING TO USE THE SALT WATER THING MY EYE HAS BEEN SWOLLEN WITH A STYE FOR LIKE ALMOST A WEEK AND IT HURTS AND IF THIS DOESNT WORK THEN ILL TRY ANOTHER ONE!!

I've had my stye for about 1-2 months now. It's abnormally big and won't go away. I have tried the wet face cloth, the teabag, and soaking a cotton pad in hot water. Nothing seems to work. I will try the salt thing though.

Editor's Note: Any stye that has been there for that long should be seen by a doctor. Please get it checked.

I get a lot of sties very often. When I get them they get huge and wont go away. They are painful and nothing seems to work. What do I need to do to prevent them and get rid of them?

What's the fastest way to get rid of a sty?

i get sties a lot and i am worried about it because I plan on getting contacts in a few weeks. Is this a good idea or bad?

I've had my sty for 2 months now. When I first got it, it was very swollen and painful. Then, the swollen went away in a week, but I still have this red bump under my eye from the sty and it doesn't go away. It's been 2 months now! Should I see a doctor? I heard doctors can remove it, but I hope it's not a painful procedure. =/

Close up of a woman's eyes.
Home Remedies for a Stye
Health & Beauty Home RemediesSeptember 19, 2006
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Young woman scratching her head furiously.
Dandruff Remedies
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Remedies for Cold Sores
Remedies for Cold Sores
🎉
🎄