AntsPest Control

Ants in the Cat Food Storage Container

I started taking care of my neighbor's cat about two or three months ago after he lost his home to foreclosure. It was an outside male cat named Pounce and I have two female cats so one more was just one more to love. One of my female cats is about 16 and stays in most of the time now that she is older. She and Pounce have been around each other for years and get along just fine and my other cat stays in all the time.

My neighbor bought a great container for the cat food and we sat in in my little side shed where Pounce stays. Everything has been going just fine until last night when the other neighbor's dog was loose. He knocked over the container that the cat food was in, nothing spilled out, but ants got in the cat food. I'm not sure how to get rid of the ants and I hate to throw away the cat food. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

By Melissa from Cullman, AL

I have had this happen before and I just froze the food to kill the ants. Shake a little before you put it back in the container and the ants will fall away.