Christmas Float Ideas With "Through The Eyes of a Child" Theme

I need an idea for a Christmas float for my son's cub scout pack. The theme of the parade is Christmas through the eyes of a child.

Mindy W from Douglas, GA

Best Answer

Think back to when you were a child. What things do you remember? For instance, I remember my kids being in awe of the stuff under the tree. Perhaps you could have children of all ages standing around a Christmas tree in pajamas and loads of wrapped "gifts" under the tree. You could wrap some old boxes that don't have anything in them; wrap bricks, shoe boxes, etc. You could even put a large doll, a bike, a train set, etc. around the tree.

Another idea is is to have a bed set up on the float with a child "sleeping" and dreaming of Christmas scenes. (opening gifts, Santa, etc.) For the dream scenes the kids could draw them out on large paper, cut them out, and hang them from fishing line above the child's head.

I hope this gives you some ideas and helps you to think of more.

Best Answer

I'd wrap wardrobe boxes Xmas style with wide ribbons and giant bows & do a few 2' tall styrofoam candy canes.

Maybe some 3' cardboard gingerbread cookie men. Just think 'supersize'. Any little sisters or brothers willing to ride the float dressed as little fairies or elves?

Best Answer

In the Christmas Parade here last year, one of the groups of kids were dressed like giant pieces of candy (for the Sugarplums that danced in their heads). Cut out giant sized pieces of candy from poster board, color it and cover with cellophane to look like candy. There were other children dressed as large Christmas packages. Cut holes in the sized of large decorated boxes and slip them onto the children. They can walk and it is so cute. I love the bed idea...that would be so cute. Or, have a group of the kids in pajamas sitting on the float by the Christmas tree while they are being read to.

Cub Scout
Cub Scouts Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties Outdoor Parade Float IdeasSeptember 26, 2007
4th of July Parade
4th of July Float Ideas
Trucks decorated for a Christmas parade
Christmas Parade Float Ideas
Victorian Christmas tree
Christmas Tree Theme Ideas
🎉
🎄