Drying Apples in the Oven

I came into a bunch of Granny Smith Apples and I want to dry them in my oven. I am not sure how to do this and what temp to set the oven on and for how long. Any advice would be nice.

Usually when I am drying anything in the oven, if it is fruit or deer jerkey, I dry items for about 24-48 hours on the lowest setting my oven has. I have an electric oven so it is about 200 degrees. I place aluminum foil directly on the racks and then place what ever it is that i want to dry. About ever 8 hours i turn it over. Most stuff is done within 24 hours. I also have made fruit roleups this way just pouring the puree into an aluminum pan. Hope this helps

When I dry any thing in the oven it is put on the lowest setting, then I take an oven mitt fold it in half an put it between the door and the oven to let out the moisture.

A pile of dried apple slices.
Drying Apples
Food and Recipes DryingSeptember 28, 2004
Pile of green apples.
Selecting Good Apples
A pile of apple slices.
Freezing Apples
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Drying Apples in a Dehydrator
Drying Apples in a Dehydrator