Rusty Nails for African Violets

Your African violets will bloom longer, prettier and more abundantly, if you stick a few rusty nails in the soil alongside them.

By oldtimes from Slaughters, KY

Hmmmmm...I think I have some old nails out in the shed. I just may give this a try!

Comment

I just read that putting rusty nails in the soil of your African violets will help them bloom beautifully - so I just put some in. Wish me luck.

By Pam from L.A., CA

Nail Your African Violets

Rusty Nails for African Violets 04/20/2006
Insert a few rusty nails into the soil around your African violets. The blossoms will be larger, and brighter in color and more profuse.
By joesgirl
This trick works for my Clematis, I put the rusty nails in the ground near the roots....and the results were stunning.
By jenireed
(04/20/2006)

By ThriftyFun

Rusty Nails for African Violets

My gardenia`s leaves were rather pale so I went to a local nursery for help. The saleslady showed me a container of "iron" for $10.00. She opened the jar to show me the contents. I remarked that it looked like particles of rust. She smiled and told me that burying a rusty nail or two in plants that require iron will do exactly the same thing. Saved $10.00 and gardenia leaves are once again dark and shiny. (04/21/2006)

By Mairmie

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Gardening FlowersJuly 28, 2008
African Violets
Growing African Violets
Mancured Hand Holding Flower petals
Saving Money on Acrylic Nails
African Daisy Photo
Growing African Daisies
Photo of a woman's hands with acrylic nails on.
Applying Acrylic Nails
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 10:32:13 PM on 10.0.2.19 in 556 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.