Stretching Leather Clogs

I have several pairs of new leather clogs/mules that I bought on line. Is there a way I can stretch them myself, or do I have to take them to a shoemaker? I want to wear socks with some of them and could use a little extra room. Thanks for your help.

Lady Claire from Buffalo, NY

Visit the shoe repair store. There is a product sold at most stores that you can rub onto the leather before you wear the shoes and it somehow softens the shoes while you wear them or have them on shoe trees. Good quality shoe trees are a good investment.

Shoe stores also sell a spray called "shoe stretch" that you spray inside the shoe. I spray it and then put on my shoe and let the leather conform to my foot, so much more comfortable. I also have a wooden foot with attachable callus spots, you can stretch shoes with that. It is wonderful especially for men's dress shoes.

Jill

You might try saturating the inside of your shoes with alcohol and wearing them until they are dry. They should conform to your foot a lot better.

I use to work at a VERY $ leather good store on 5th aenue in New York City, and we would moistenthe inside of the shoe, with a spray bottle, and then pack the shoe TIGHTLY with balled up newspaper, till the shoe was dry. You might want to do this several times. Good luck!

Jill(

Completely saturate a pair of cotton socks with rubbing alcohol and slip on your shoes...Wear the shoes until the socks are dry...

What I do, is take a ziplock freezer bag, place inside of the individual shoe. Fill with water, seal bag. Repeat for other shoe. Place in deep reezer overnight. The water will freeze, stretch the leather 1/2 size. Works everytime for me!

Editor's Note: Make sure to leave some room in the top for expansion.

Thanks, this saved me $! I needed a cartridge belt for .338 Winchester Mags bullets. A quick trip to a local gun shop netted me a like new leather cartridge belt for a slightly smaller caliber bullet. I just used isoprophyl alcohol and muscle and it's now drying with bullets inserted.

I have a hammer toe on one foot, and some shoes are too tight over that toe. Recently, I bought a pair of shoes that needed a little toe room, and tried a scented body splash from the dollar store. Saturated both the inside and outside of the shoes, and wore them until they dried. I tested a little spray on the outside to make sure it wouldn't damage the finish. Worked very well. Spray both sides of smooth finish shoes, and insides only of suede finish shoes. Only cost a dollar, and smells good too.

Consumer Advice Clothing AdviceMarch 31, 2006
Nail Polish
Stretching Nail Polish
new leather chair
Smell from New Leather Furniture
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Liquid Hand Soap
Stretching Liquid Hand Soap
🎄