Is This Marlite?

Does anyone know if this is Marlite? It is a kind of slick surface and at the seam of each panel is a thin strip of metal. Our house was built in 1925, but I have a sneaking suspicion the bathroom was updated around the 50's. I would really like to update with minimal cost. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

By ams377 from KS

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I don't know what that material is, but I think the color combination is pretty rad and I would leave it; it's funky and forty's looking. I would even use some barkcloth from that era and make some cool curtains and accessories-but that's me.

I browsed a few websites and found this nifty one on retro marlite. If you click on the topics, you'll see a lot of rooms where marlite was used. One website mentioned that cleaning marlite one should use Murphy's Oil Soap, Lysol or Mr. Clean, but not Fantastic, 409, etc. Also, it appears to clean nicely and you've got something that works great in a bathroom from what I've learned.

http://retroren  ay-fixtures-too/

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJune 24, 2009
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:41:40 PM on 10.0.0.179 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.