Is This Marlite?

Does anyone know if this is Marlite? It is a kind of slick surface and at the seam of each panel is a thin strip of metal. Our house was built in 1925, but I have a sneaking suspicion the bathroom was updated around the 50's. I would really like to update with minimal cost. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

By ams377 from KS

I don't know what that material is, but I think the color combination is pretty rad and I would leave it; it's funky and forty's looking. I would even use some barkcloth from that era and make some cool curtains and accessories-but that's me.

I browsed a few websites and found this nifty one on retro marlite. If you click on the topics, you'll see a lot of rooms where marlite was used. One website mentioned that cleaning marlite one should use Murphy's Oil Soap, Lysol or Mr. Clean, but not Fantastic, 409, etc. Also, it appears to clean nicely and you've got something that works great in a bathroom from what I've learned.

http://retrorenovation.com/2008/01/ ... -50s-bathroom-and-ebay-fixtures-too/

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceJune 24, 2009
🎉
🎄