Two Sewing Tips

I put up a shelf above my sewing machine and attached a 24 inch light from Walmart to the bottom of the shelf for additional lighting on my sewing project. I really like it. Then I put a "clothesline" made of yarn between the shelf brackets, got some light plastic little clothes pins, and now I can hang my pattern, directions, and/or a sample quilt block on the clothesline for easy, quick, handy reference while I'm working on a project. That's 2 tips in one!

Great sewing tips! Love to see a photo of your shelf& clothesline!

Love the idea of the light. I am going to do that too.

I have my floor Ott lite, behind me, but I still find that behind the needle while I'm a the machine still needs more light.

I have two shelves that I put in above my machine and I found an old 45rpm wire-type record holder at the Value Village near us. I have spray-painted it and use that as my holder for patterns in use, to be used etc. I also print out a lot of freebie patterns etc. and have used a file folder and binders with vinyl inserts to hold bits and pieces, sketches etc.

Great to get super ideas. I really appreciate the common-sense of yours.

Thanks so much

I put a bulletin board on the wall behind my sewing machine. It has hooks for all my scissors so they are always available. That leaves room for pinning other notes and things where I can find them. I used a part of a ceiling panel for the bulletin board and covered it with some fabric.

Often we use metal things when we are doing sewing or craft projects. I have some magnets strips on a metal shelf on my work table and I can put things like safety pins, bobbins, sewing machine needles, etc up out of the way.

I like your idea. Thanks for sharing!

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingDecember 1, 2005
Cooking for Two
Cooking for Two Recipes
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Two Ingredient Cake
Two Ingredient Cake Recipes
Making a quilt square on a home sewing machine.
Machine Quilting on a Home Sewing Machine