How to Sew Velcro

Category How To
This is a guide about sewing Velcro. Sewing Velcro can be tricky. It can clog up your sewing machine and even break your needles. Here are some tips to try, if you are having trouble sewing Velcro onto an item.

What is the best way to sew velcro? I'm trying to sew velcro on neoprene and it keeps clogging up on the needle.

Thanks,
Bryan from Los Angeles

Answers

Some crafts stores sell Leather Needles - they have a wooden handle and are large....

DoctorBill

They sell the kind of Velcro that you sew on. It doesn't have any adhesive on it. If you use the kind with sticky on it you will jam up your sewing machine.

Why does velcro keep jamming in my sewing machine?

giftsandbags.com

Answers:

Sewing Velcro

Two things that come to mind is; 1) Don't use the kind with glue on it. 2) Using a leather needle makes it much easier. (11/17/2006)

By Liz Orr

Sewing Velcro

Oh My I never heard of a leather needle. I guess it's the glue. Thanks so much. (11/17/2006)

By giftsandbags.com

Sewing Velcro

You may also be able to adjust the plate or pressure foot a bit to help. (11/17/2006)

By Mary

Sewing Velcro

I'll try to do it today. Thanks (11/18/2006)

By giftsandbags.com

Sewing Velcro

I agree with Ole Lulu, don't use the velcro with adhesive on it. Make sure you use at least a 90 or 100 needle. Hint; rub your needle with bee's wax each time you go to sew velcro . bjptl (11/19/2006)

By Judy Harris