Printed Velcro Apple Trees
This is a page about making printed Velcro apple trees
. These Velcro apple trees are a great activity for preschool aged kids. They are easy to make and are great for developing their fine motor skills.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A popular theme in pre-k is apples! Students enjoy learning about them through field trips, games, and hands on experimentation. These apple trees are an easy fine motor activity that you can make for the classroom.
I usually place them on the wall in the quiet and manipulative centers. Students can add and remove apples amongst the trees, which will strengthen the muscles in their hands and fingers. I have found that this activity also benefits students who need alone time. They have something to do while they prepare themselves for rejoining the group.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 trees
- 2 pieces of white cardstock
- laminator with sheets
- hard and soft Velcro (1/2 inch pieces)
- Print apple trees and apples from Google images. Cut out the trees, laminate, and add 1/2 inch pieces of hard Velcro in the leaves. You can add as many pieces as you want apples.
- Cut out the apples, laminate, and add a piece of soft Velcro to the back of each one.
- Students can now add and remove apples from the trees! They can organize the apples by color or randomly.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.