Spring Flowers Fine Motor Coloring and Velcro Activity
Have your child(ren) color printed out or hand drawn flowerpot, bees, and butterflies. Then laminate the pieces and attach Velcro to the flowers, bees, and butterflies. They will have hours of fun rearranging the pieces and creating this pretty spring artwork. This is a page about making a spring flowers fine motor coloring and Velcro activity
April 25, 2017
This activity is very simple for younger children to interact with. They can even help make it by coloring the picture and adding the Velcro. Believe it or not, my example was actually colored by a four year old, who gave it to me afterwards. She was definitely tickled that I made a game out of it! In the classroom, it is a perfect spring addition to the manipulative or quiet centers. As children move the bees and butterflies around the flower pot, they strengthen the small muscles in their hands. And I have found that kids really like the sound Velcro makes when it is pulled apart!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 activity
Link: Click here for flower pot coloring page.
- 2 pieces of white card stock
- computer with printer
- crayons or markers
- 7 + pieces of soft Velcro (1/2 inch)
- 7 + pieces of hard Velcro (1/2 inch)
- Print the flower pot coloring page from the link provided. Or you can Google for a flower pot coloring page and print one of your choice. Have your child color the page and laminate. Add a piece of hard Velcro to every flower. You can also add a couple pieces of Velcro around the flower pot. Your child can help you with this part too!
- Find butterfly and bee clip art that you like on Google. Copy and paste your images into Microsoft Word, making them around two inches long. You'll need 7-10 pieces of each insect. I made mine all the same, but you can print different types if you choose. Print, cut, and laminate them. Cut them out again and add the soft Velcro to the backs of each.
- Your child can now add and remove the bees and butterflies from the flowers! They can have an all bee scene, an all butterfly scene, or mix it up with both!
- You can store the pieces in a baggy and Velcro it to the back of the coloring page.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.