Removing Printed Clothing Labels

Many consumers were please when the scratchy clothing tags were replace with printed tags. However, sometimes as the printed tag degrades it can also be irritating. This is a guide about removing printed clothing labels.

Anyone know a way to remove tagless labels from clothes without ruining the clothes? I have some tops that have tagless labels, but now the labels are starting to peel and are very scratchy against my neck. Any help would be appreciated.

By Darlene from Castaic, CA

Answers

Best Answer

Try rubbing the print together vigorously. Read the washing and drying instructions to make sure you are using the correct water and drying temperature. I find these tags very annoying when an item is washed after some time.

If you are doing everything according to the directions, I would, if possible, let the store know. Better yet, contact the manufacturer, if possible.

I am going to contact Hanes about some panties that have this label. I was finding white crumbs in my panties and realized that the labels were crumbling. I won't wear them anymore.

I am dealing with that problem myself, I can't stand scratchy labels of any kind. I've found that pulling the fabric in both directions makes the printing come off easier. It's still a pain- I wish the manufacturers would go back to regular labels, I am very good at getting those off. Maybe we can start a protest-?

Update on Hanes; see previous post...
I contacted Hanes about the problem. They responded by apologizing but not a solution to the problem. I was offered replacements but declined because I didn't want the same problem. I was given a complete refund.

Hello! I have found a solution for removing tagless tags from clothing: wintergreen oil.

The problem is is that the oil can be costly. You simply put a little wintergreen oil over the tag, let it sit for a minute, then scratch it off. Smells good too.