Printed Velcro Apple Trees
A popular theme in pre-k is apples! Students enjoy learning about them through field trips, games, and hands on experimentation. These apple trees are an easy fine motor activity that you can make for the classroom.
I usually place them on the wall in the quiet and manipulative centers. Students can add and remove apples amongst the trees, which will strengthen the muscles in their hands and fingers. I have found that this activity also benefits students who need alone time. They have something to do while they prepare themselves for rejoining the group.
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 trees
- 2 pieces of white cardstock
- laminator with sheets
- hard and soft Velcro (1/2 inch pieces)
- Print apple trees and apples from Google images. Cut out the trees, laminate, and add 1/2 inch pieces of hard Velcro in the leaves. You can add as many pieces as you want apples.
- Cut out the apples, laminate, and add a piece of soft Velcro to the back of each one.
- Students can now add and remove apples from the trees! They can organize the apples by color or randomly.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!