Cleaning Velcro?

April 15, 2006

black Velcro being pulled apartMy daughter wears an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) and her velcro straps holding the AFO are no longer white; but dirty. What's the best way to clean the velcro and a piece of cloth strap that is next to her leg? Any ideas?


Gail from AZ


By (Guest Post)
April 17, 20060 found this helpful

Have you contacted the company that makes Velcro for ideas? One thought I had was to take a ribbon of the same width and glue it on to cover the surfaces that are dirty. Could add a decorative touch if that would be suitable.

By (Guest Post)
April 17, 20060 found this helpful

How about taking a piece of strong tape and press into the velcro and then lift off the dirt!

This should work!


By Kathie (Guest Post)
April 17, 20060 found this helpful

I just clean mine with Dawn Dish liquid and a scrubbing brush.


Diamond Feedback Medal for All Time! 1,317 Feedbacks
April 18, 20060 found this helpful

Try white vinegar mixed with some baking soda
little water to fizz the dirt off with clean rag scrub.

April 25, 20060 found this helpful

would a stiff bristle toothbrush work?
JoAnn in Elkhart, IN

April 25, 20060 found this helpful

as a special ed teacher i know you can replace the velcroes yourself if it possible or sent it the back to were it was made and they may change the velcro for a small fee


Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 233 Feedbacks
April 25, 20060 found this helpful

THis may sound weird, but when I was in elementary school, with velcro shoes ;) I used to clean them with a doll's comb or fine men's comb

By Laura (Guest Post)
January 14, 20080 found this helpful

Get a thin wire dog brush (the smaller the better) does 85% of the job. For the other 15%, I use a tooth pick (not wooden - the metal covered kind that is made for your purse).

By Andrew (Guest Post)
March 17, 20080 found this helpful

If you have a cat brush, they have thin metal pins to brush the hair of the cat, these do an excellent job.


Silver Post Medal for All Time! 364 Posts
July 14, 20080 found this helpful

Next time, buy a black ASO. Been there, done that!

March 14, 20170 found this helpful

I use a nit comb to clean Velcro. It's cheap to buy and easily done in seconds no matter how big the area.

Answer this Question
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 2, 2014
Valentine's Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-01-31 13:48:51 in 6 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.