Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Writing a 50th Wedding Anniversary Announcement

How do I put the names of deceased children in a anniversary announcement? Or should I? It's for their 50th anniversary and I am at a loss on how to write it up. It is for my boyfriend's parents and he is the only surviving child.

By Tam from Pocahontas, AR

By Marg [16]08/03/2010

Pikka is absolutely right. however long ago the child still existed, is still part of mum. Acknowledge them, if mum has a weep she'll still be glad she's not the only one to remember .
Marg from England.

By susan [33]08/02/2010

How about this: Join us as we celebrate 50 years of wedded bliss for ____. The event will also honor their life as the parents of _______.

By tami [1]07/28/2010

We are not sure there will be a "party." She asked me to write something for the local paper. I'm not sure how to write it and there is no help online, the ducttapemarketing, is nothing that I found to help! My parents are gone and she is like a mama to me, too. Please help.

By PENNY K [15]07/28/2010

I would just say Mr. and Mrs. Brown, parents of: and list the children in order born. Don't mention they are deceased. People who know them will know, and fill in those who don't. The parents would still want them remembered and their remaining son would too.

By Joan [13]07/27/2010

Who is putting on the celebration? If your boyfriend is putting it on, say that it is being sponsored by him. When my parents had theirs the announcement in the paper said something to the effect that the children of so and so request the honor of your presence at an open house in honor of their parents 50th wedding anniversary. Your attendance is the only gift required. This isn't exact, but it gives the general idea. We didn't mention my brother who had passed away in 1977, and the party was in 1988.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Writing a 50th Wedding Anniversary Announcement

Where can I find a guide for writing an announcement for a 50th wedding anniversary? This would be for the paper and only as an announcement, not to be used as an invitation.

By GermanGirl01

RE: Writing a 50th Wedding Anniversary Announcement

I have a saying you could include, as follows:

True love is neither physical, nor romantic.
True love is an acceptance of all that is, has been, will be, and will not be. (04/11/2009)

By vguy

I am looking for wording for a 50th Anniversary announcement for the paper. It will not be used in an invitation.

By stumpted

It's not exactly the same thing, but you can find a form for writing a press release for the paper (actually what you will be doing) at ducttapemarketing.com. All you have to do is fill in the data in the form (who/when/where/how, etc.) and the form will product a very professional announcement ready for printing. (05/28/2009)

By pamphyila

How about: The children of John A. and Jane (maiden name) Doe happily announce their parents' 50th wedding anniversary. John and Jane were married on xx/xx/xxxx in (name of town or church and town) by (minister name). They have been blessed with x children, (list names and spouses) and x grandchildren (list names if you want). John worked as (or is retired from) xxx; Jane worked as (or is retired from) xxx. John and Jane enjoy (list hobbies and interest).

You can elaborate as much as you want by listing the names of the wedding party, their parents names, etc. or leave out information such as their work histories, hobbies, etc.

Hope this helps. Congratulations to your parents. (05/29/2009)

By Dixie's Mom