Top Baked Goods With Nuts Instead Of Mixing

Whenever a quick bread or muffin recipe calls for nuts (and often even when it doesn't), I put them on top of the batter in the pan instead of mixing them in. That way, the nuts get a yummy toasted flavor without using additional energy, and dirtying an additional pan. They're also very pretty on top!

By Stephanie from Anchorage, AK

I used to do this when baking because my children didn't like nuts. They would pick out the nuts and throw them away so I put nuts only on top of the portion that I was going to eat and you're right, they have a nice crispy toasty flavor.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingSeptember 16, 2009
Milk Pouring into Mixing Bowl
Mixing Bowl Tips and Tricks
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Powdered Tempera Paint
Mixing Powdered Tempera Paint
Household Cleaners
Dangers of Mixing Household Cleaners
🎉
🎄