Removing Rust From Car Interior

I spilled "The Works" cleaner in my car and it has wreaked havoc on the interior. All of the black metal that was exposed, has rust all over it. The aluminum was etched by the fumes. I finally got the smell out, but am worried about all the rust under the seats etc. How do I get rid of the rust?

Melissa from Lake Lure, NC

You might get some steel wool and carefully buff off the rusted areas. You can buy auto paint that will probably match your colors, and cover the areas where the spots are. Hope this helps.

You might try some CLR it easily removes rust, but then you will need to need to cover with paint or heavy coat of car wax, the old fashion kind, that should do it.

Consumer Advice Cars AdviceOctober 1, 2008
Rust and Peeling Blue Paint on Car
Removing Rust from a Car or Truck
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
🎄