Bring A Rubber Bathmat When Travelling

A few years ago, I was at a hotel in Assisi, Italy and I slipped in the tub (which had no bathmat, no rubber grids nor any grab bars) while taking a shower and broke my arm in two areas. Needless to say, my vacation ended and I returned home, cutting my 25 day European vacation to 14.

By joesgirl from Beverly, MA

Don't bother taking a rubber bathmat to Europe. When I travel I just put one of the hotel towels in the bottom of the shower. Less luggage.

This was definitely a good tip! I have not fallen in tubs while traveling but almost have and I did wrench my back once when I slipped. I even bought a bathmat just to take traveling but once I left it behind and just haven't gotten around to replacing. Once at one place we stayed, we complained about the slippery tub and asked if they had any bathmats. They didn't but they sent someone out to buy one and next day we found it in our tub! You can buy a smaller size bathmat too that would still be big enough to stand on for a shower but wouldn't take up as much space in luggage.

I am sorry to hear about your arm and hope you totally recover!

As in Poco's post, I too have used a towel to prevent slipping, it works a treat!

Travel Preparation Tips, How to Pack for Travel
Travel Preparation Tips
Travel and Recreation TravelFebruary 13, 2007
Uses for Rubber Bands
Uses for Rubber Bands
Bottom of Rubber Boot
Removing Rubber Stains
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps