Cook Two Things In The Same Water

Whether you camp or not, here is a great way to cook two items in the same water. I tried this and it was perfect!

In your electric coffee maker, stand your corn on the cob on it's end and let it cook! I used a simple one from Rival but brand isn't important.

Next, after I cooked my cleaned corn, I added eggs and replaced the lid.

When I tried this, I imagined that I would have to reheat my eggs the next morning because before they were boiled, it began to rain and it was bedtime. Anyway so I unplugged the "poly hot pot" and let the eggs stay in the water used to cook the corn. The next morning I checked and to my surprise, the eggs were done and still warm!

I remember sitting the hot pot under the blanket I had my Coleman cooler sitting under to shade it so that may be the reason the water stayed warm overnight.

By Veronica from Sedalia, MO

Travel and Recreation Recreation Camping CookingAugust 17, 2007
Well water running a in a sink.
Removing Rust from Well Water
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
Baking Two Cake Flavors
Baking Two Cake Flavors in One Pan