Clover Flowers

I have millions of clover flowers (I guess you would call them that) on my yard. How do I get rid of them? Round up eats the grass.

Helen from Baltimore

We purposely plant clover in our yard to grow, I can not imagine why you would want to kill it, it is prettier then just plain grass. Besides is feeds Gods animals (bunnies) and thier poop is the best fertilizer you can have put on your yard (or so says my Ace Hwde man).

Please reconsider the clover as it is resistant to disease and does not require alot of watering...

There are some homes in the US that have only clover planted in their yards and no grass at all, that is the effect we are going for here in NC.

Good Luck though...

The best thing to do with clover is to just enjoy it while it last, which isn't long. It'll soon die down and the grass will cover it. I've learned to enjoy many wild flowers over the years by accepting that they have a place in our world, also. God bless you!

Clover enriches your soil. I had a bad patch in my back yard that was just dirt, the clover enriched the soil so the grass would grow back. Once it has done it's magic the grass will grow in to replace it.

Susan from ThriftyFun

but the white little flower is not attractive, your sure it will go away?

Fertilize with nitrogen.

But like Paula I prefer it over grass.

Home and Garden Gardening WeedsMay 29, 2007
Growing Shamrocks
Growing Shamrocks
Clover
Getting Rid of Clover
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers, A bouquet of fresh cut roses for Valentine's Day
Selecting Valentine's Day Flowers
Medicago lupulina (Black medick)
Getting Rid of Black Medic Weed
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 1:38:23 PM on 10.0.0.235 in 938 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.