In Memory Of Sophie (Birman)

Sophie passed away at 15 years old. Our little girl was a Birman that we rescued the day she was born. Her mother refused to nurse. I work for a Veterinarian and I took her to work with me every day. The doctor's would carry her around and, of course, take care of her health.

Sophie always liked to sit in the window and look outside and she would grab your feet when you walked by. She would also chase our Welsh Corgi "Tucker"

We miss her terribly. I still cry. She passed away on December 16, 2008, just 3 weeks ago, she had mouth cancer. I have already picked up her ashes. Sophie is now home with her family where she belongs.

By Sherri from Rohnert Park, CA

In memory of Sophie (Birman)

Oh she is beautiful!! I am so sorry for your loss.

What a precious and beautiful kitty.

God Bless your little Sophie. They are only with us for a little while. I have lost many a pet over the years, and it never gets any easier...Beau, our 21 year old Red Persian; Sweetie-Pie, our 18 to 23 year old Chihuahua; Janie, my little Janie-Brainie to cancer at 8; Sonny to liver disease at 7; Lana at 12, and my beloved Peanut at 18. Each and every one is special and you can find comfort in knowing they had a good life with you. Take care.

Dear heart, that may be the most lovely cat I have ever seen in my 65 years of mega-cat ownership! Unfortunately death comes to all humans and pets, and I know this was a serious and grievous loss for you. I lost two pets from poisoned canned pet foods, so I know what the ache and longing for their loving affection, presence and family membership is like first hand. I believe that god places pets with us to remind us of his great love for us as well, so I pray that he will both comfort and bless you as only he can do during your loss.

I do know how you feel. We had ZsaZsa for 25 years.She was a wonderful cat.She was one of the mascots from the old MOD SQUAD TV show before we got her. She was spayed and fully grown so we think she was at least a year old when we got her.Here is her picture. Go to a shelter and give another kitty OR two a home and the love they will return to you. GG Vi

Dear Sherri,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know it is hard to lose one that you love. GG Vi is right though, go and get another animal. They give so much love and though you can't replace Sophie, a new member to the family will help heal the pain and fill the empty spot in your heart. I'm sure Sophie would want you to save another life.

Sophie is so beautiful!! I'm sorry for your recent loss. I do believe that their spirits stay with us and are not far away. You have a lot of love and kindness in your heart to give to the animals you care for. I wish I could take your heartache away.

I entered feedback a couple of hours ago, but I don't see it, so if I show up twice, you'll know why. I am sorry for your loss. Sophie was a beautiful cat. You know, I'm sure there's a Birman Rescue - Google it. Another Birman would love to call your house a home, and you'd be doing so much good. After we lost our 21 year old Red Persian, Beau, I found his twin (in looks only!) at a Persian rescue in Virginia. We drove down and scooped up Kilian. What a cutie! Of course, he's not Beau, there will never be another Beau, but this one's a real character too!

Thank you for sharing your story with us... I often think that Cats (& other pets) are Gods way of teaching us about his love. I know I'll only have my Smokey for a short time here on earth, but I believe there's a special place where we are united with those we love & this includes our special family of animals that have loved us.

My mother's 2 male Ragdolls passed away at 15 & 16 years old last year & the year before & the only thing that got rid of her husband's depression after loosing them was getting 2 new Ragdoll kittens. At first my mother was upset because he brought them home without consulting her, but how could she stay mad for long when the little female kitten like to lay in her lap & kneads on my mom's tummy as she sucks on her paw...(just like she's sucking her thumb!)

Wait a little while, but in about a year or so, think about filling that hole in your heart with another little bundle of love, maybe another kitty that needs a home.

She is beautiful and queenly. The dot on the bridge of her nose looks like the red dot popular for women in India, and it adds to her beauty. Thanks, I wasn't familiar with the Birman. God bless you.

Hello All. Thank you so much for all your kind words regarding our beloved "Sophie". Last Sunday When I picked up my Welsh Corgi Tucker from his groomer, there was a group there adopting out older kitties. Well, as you can guess! I did find a sweetie. We named him Teddy. He is about 3 years old and had been abandoned and left in a house alone. Teddy is just a love he is a DSH org/wht. Teddy has been to work with me for his exam, and he was anemic. He has been treated for this and our Doctors think he will be just fine. Teddy sleeps with me and our little girl Punnie. Teddy has already given her a bath, so now he has a new family to love him, and we love him dearly already. Again, Thank you

I am truly sorry for your loss. I have never seen such a beautiful cat. Take good care. The most important you gave her a great home and she knew it. God Bless, Janet

I am so sorry for your loss. She really is a beautiful cat with all those gorgeous markings. I have 3 cats of my own all of which were strays. I have a chronic illness and my cats keep me going. I hope all works out with your new kitty and may you all be blessed..

Photos Pets CatsJanuary 30, 2009
Display Collections In A Memory Box
Making A Memory Box
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt
High School Reunion
Making Memory Books for a High School Reunion
🎉
🎄