Recipe for Black Bottom Zucchini Bars

I tried making the black bottom zucchini bars and there must be an ingredient missing. Can someone clarify?

By MBrewer from Long Beach, CA

Is this the recipe you are using? If so, I don't see that there is anything missing. What makes you think that? Is it because it is thick? If so, the zucchini has water in it and will make it less thick as it bakes.

. Black-Bottom Zucchini Bars

* 1/3 cup canola oil

* 1 cup sugar

* 1 egg

* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

* 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini

* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

* 1 teaspoon baking powder

* 1 teaspoon baking soda

* 1/2 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 cup baking cocoa

In a mixing bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg and vanilla until. Blend in the zucchini. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to zucchini mixture and mix well. Divide batter in half. Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased

13x9x2-in. baking pan. Pour remaining batter on top and spread out evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bars test done. Cool. As you can see, zucchini is very versatile. I hope you'll come to appreciate it as much as I have.

This is the recipe I followed. Had to laugh at "pour the batter" - it was incredibly dry. Even the just picked zucchini did not add enough moisture. Would adding a 2nd egg or some liquid help?

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PastriesJuly 23, 2010
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
🎉
🎄