AdviceParties

Can a Parent Sponsor a Housewarming Party for Their Child?

My daughter and her husband bought a house a few months ago. I'd love to have a housewarming for them. Would it be in bad taste if I sponsored it or should it be one of her friends?

Thanks for your contributions.

By Gem from VA

I don't know that there are any rule of etiquette regarding this. I would say, go ahead and sponsor it.

Go for it, more power to you. While you are at the party you can make suggestions about how you can help to repair the place (if it's that kind of place).

Thanks Coreen I was looking for etiquette rules. The house is in excellent shape and needs no repairs.

Gem