Homeschooling Books and Supplies

Does anyone know of an sources for inexpensive homeschooling books and supplies?

I would try half priced books if they have one in your area.

Also, and have good deals on books in their used marketplace. and

And ofcourse if you know what you are looking for you can find some good deals at

This takes a bit of leg work but I frequently see homeschool books at garage sales. In fact, one sale I went to last summer must have had 200 books for quite cheap, a dollar or so a book.

Try this is where we buy and sell used books and supplies. I've also had some luck with library book sales and the local homeschool fairs and conventions.

I would try your local friends of the library and see when they are going to have thier next sale. Also our school district sells thier used textbooks so I would see when thier next sale is. Our school district also sells desks and tables and even used stand alone chalk boards.

As a public school teacher, I know that new textbook editions come out all the time and I have found that there are surpluses in the bookroom. Maybe if you befriend a v.p. or do a bartering (volunteer) for a current/used textbook, that might work!

There are several great sources for homeschool books on yahoo groups. Just do a search and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Mother Homeschooling her Children
Saving Money on Homeschooling Supplies
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Child Coloring in a Coloring Book
Saving Money On Coloring Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Saving Money on Audio Books
Study Table With Books
Decorating With Books