Finding Plastic Coffee Can Lids - Categories:

ReusingGreen Living

Finding Plastic Coffee Can Lids

I am in need of about 200 plastic coffee lids for a service project we are doing for our senior citizens in town. Color doesn't matter. They must be the small coffee can size. Must be round and flat similar to Maxwell coffee size. Not the Folger's style. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

When I was working I asked everyone to bring in things like that and they all helped.

So if it's for a nursing facility, I'd get the families of the tenants involved, along with the staff, plus friends and family of the staff and families. You'd be surprised how well people will cooperate for a good cause.

Do you have a re-cycling facility where you live? You might meet with them and see if they'd set aside these for you, or you could volunteer to fish through the plastics yourself.

God bless you for getting involved with our elderly. Most people just forget about them, including their families.

Good Luck!

Ask on your local FreeCycle group!! (yahoo groups)

I bet you could call Maxwell house or e-mail them, they would give or sale you some pretty cheap. I think you would get farther with a call. Good luck.

I would also try local restaurants or coffee shops. Also see if your local paper will run a free ad for you requesting the lids. Anywhere where they have a break room(offices etc.) probably could collect them. Get the students to collect them in a drive that u could also announce in the paper. Get the media involved.

A lot of companies that make plastic products throw away or give away the flawed products that they make if they can't recycle them somehow. Perhaps you could call any companies that are in your town and see if they have anything to donate to you. Good luck!

Since the project is for senior citizens locally,I would definitely ask a public elementary school. Besides donating lids in the front office, you can make an announcement over the loud speaker in the morning, kids could help you put up or even make posters. I'd also check with service clubs at the high school. The other group to consider is a Girl Scout troop because there might be a badge they could earn by getting these supplies and helping with the project. Good luck!

Better Living Green Living ReusingJune 5, 2010
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Coffee Lid
Uses for Coffee Lids