Lilac Bush Near a Septic Tank

I had planted a beautiful lilac bush 3 years ago 4 feet from our septic tank not really thinking about how big it would get. This bush had gotten huge and growing twice as fast as all the other beautiful lilac's I have around the house, my only concern is what is the root system like? I am concerned that the roots have gone into our septic tank. How do they root? Can I move such a big bush now?

Hardiness Zone: 6b

Kelly from Vancouver island, BC

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

i dont know about moving it. but i was told a couple times in the past that people used to always plant a lilac right next to the outhouse. they knew it would grow really well in that specific local. ?

LOL, that's great- The lilacs are always greener over the septic tank!

Home and Garden Gardening ShrubsMarch 20, 2007
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Planting Near Septic System
Planting Trees and Shrubs Near a Septic System
Lilacs growing near a white fence with a weathered outbuilding in the background.
Transplanting Lilac Bushes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 11:47:51 AM on 10.0.1.122 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.