Tire Disposal in Indiana

Does anyone in have any idea where to take a large amount of used tires in northern indiana? I have a couple thousand to get rid of!

Mlhayden from Northern, IN

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

You can contact the Lake County Solid Waste Management Department (219) 769-3820

I don't know about disposing of a thousand tires. I'm hoping it's an exaggeration. But....Our local Walmart will take old tires and only charges 60 cents a tire. Call and see if your Walmart does the same thing.

Local governments should know how one may legally dispose of such items.

thanks,they take them free or would you know how much. thanks mike

I'm in North Central Indiana -- Logansport -- and here we have an annual "Tire Amnesty Day" run by our city & county government. They take tires free, but it's limited to individuals, not businesses -- and if you truly have 1000 tires, I'm guessing it's some sort of a business! I would suggest you contact the closest recycling center and your local government offices and ask -- they truly do not want these tires to wind up in a riverbed or littering the countryside, so they may be willing to work with you. Thanks for taking the environmentally responsible approach!

If you have a large amount of tires, post them on your local craigslist, or yahoo freecycle groups.

Also try posting on yahoo gardening and homesteading groups.

You will be surprized how many people will come pick them up.

People use them for all sorts of projects, including raised garden beds, and building structures, ditch culverts, playground projects...etc.

If you know of local gardening clubs, exspecially for the elderly, ask them to spread the word on your free tires.

Advertise them in any local "free adds" paper or websites.

You may not have enough for the reponse!

I was wondering if you found anyone to help you get rid of your tires? I am having the same problem. However, i do only have a couple hundred. Please e-mail me at freestones @ mchsi.com (remove spaces) if you have had any help, or should WE continue to look.

Thank- you for your help.

Sandee

Hi, we have large and regular demands for the green tires (uncured/ unvulcanized) which are the leftovers during new tires' production. If you have any sources of this product, please email me back. My email is magwxq (at) yahoo (dot)com . Thanks.

Is there a date in which the Amnesty day is in Logansport? Is this only open to the residents?

I'll be happy to take any amount of tires you may have.

$3.00 per tire delivered to my location or $4.00 per tire if I pick them up.

You can contact me at hobbs851@hotmail.com

Thanks

Where is southern Indiana -Evansville can you dispose of your worn out tires?

Answer

Pile of Old Tires
Disposing of Old Tires
Better Living Green Living Waste DisposalFebruary 3, 2006
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer), Man's hands holding a power screwdriver to a garbage disposal.
Repairing a Garbage Disposal (Disposer)
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Indiana Christmas Charities
covered bridge
Parke County, Indiana Frugal Travel Guide
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 10:05:15 PM on 10.0.1.199 in 384 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.