Growing Plants Without Soil

Back in the mid 70s there was a company that offered their house plants through home parties. The plants were grown in some kind of lava looking pebbles and did not use soil at all. You watered with their plant food solution each time you watered. The plants grew beautifully! Does anyone know what happened to the company or know what type of pebbles and solutions were used?

By Daisy from Franklinton, NC

Answers

I was a dealer in Iowa, I sold plants like crazy but the company I worked for went bankrupt. Hydroponics is what you are looking for, and yes it was lava rocks. However, weak miracle grow and a air pump from an old fish tank works great to grow soil-less plants.

was is called the Lawasa System?

Thank you! My sister had some of those planters/rocks, here in NC, back in the 70's....& I have wanted to know how to get them, & you have just been a huge help to me. Thanks again! Susan

Lucky Bamboo in glass vase
Growing Plants in Water
Removing Oil Contamination from Soil
Removing Oil Contamination from Soil
Thermometer Taking Soil Temperature
The Importance of Soil Temperature to Growing Plants
Treating the Soil After Tomato Blight
Treating Soil After Tomato Blight
Garlic being planted into garden soil mix.
Making Your Own Garden Soil Mix
🎉
🎄