Buying Fresh Produce in Bulk

This can still be done and not have it go bad. For example, large bulk carrots, apples, bananas, strawberries, pears, peaches almost any fruit can be frozen for later. Grocery stores will have last day sales with fresh products.

Carrots can be cut up boiled and placed in separate freezer containers. When ready to use microwave with added butter and tarragon for dinner's veggie.

Apples can be easily made into apple sauce, uncooked pies (which also can be frozen) then heated for 45 minutes in the oven when you want to serve them.

As for bananas can make banana breads to freeze, also (makes great inexpensive gifts.)

Strawberries can be made either into syrup for ice cream, pancakes...etc.

Pears can be made into mincemeat pie. Peaches can become a preserve or jam.

I don't have a juicer but had thought I wouldn't mind having one. I have a son who is not good about eating fruits and veggies but does like juice so thought it would be a way to get more in him. It probably takes a lot of produce to make the juice tho so I'd want to buy in quantity at a good price.

Food and Recipes Freezing Fruit and BerriesOctober 3, 2006
A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
fruit and veggies
Keeping Produce Fresh
Adult Diapers
Buying Adult Diapers in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk
Buying Food in Bulk