Joke Book for Mother's Day

Holiday Gift: Joke Book for Mom (or for anyone, any holiday, everyday - even a spontaneous gift for a nursing home or home-sick college student to share).

For Mother's Day, after quizzing my mom about what she wanted/needed, one of the things my mom requested was a joke book. I considered checking a used bookstore for a unique and inexpensive joke book but am making one myself for cheap!

I am including clean "Yo Mama" jokes, knock-knock jokes, other known jokes, a selection of jokes I made up, and joke contributions from a few loved ones that they make up themselves, which will personalize the joke book and make it extra special.

Some good joke sites are:

I'm using Microsoft Word to print up the joke book: Landscape page orientation, 2 columns, with a cover and table of contents, in an easy-to-read font. I will probably scatter occasional, appropriate clip-art. For the cover, I may use scrapbook paper or print out the cover from Microsoft Word onto nicer paper or card stock.

By Erin813 from Seffner, FL

Great idea - especially because laughter is universal! Personalizing it to the mom's favorite style of humor is the best part. Some moms like bawdier jokes, some are squeaky clean.

Wrapped Mother's Day gift.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day GiftsMay 7, 2010
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book