Joke Book for Mother's Day

Holiday Gift: Joke Book for Mom (or for anyone, any holiday, everyday - even a spontaneous gift for a nursing home or home-sick college student to share).

For Mother's Day, after quizzing my mom about what she wanted/needed, one of the things my mom requested was a joke book. I considered checking a used bookstore for a unique and inexpensive joke book but am making one myself for cheap!

I am including clean "Yo Mama" jokes, knock-knock jokes, other known jokes, a selection of jokes I made up, and joke contributions from a few loved ones that they make up themselves, which will personalize the joke book and make it extra special.

Some good joke sites are:

I'm using Microsoft Word to print up the joke book: Landscape page orientation, 2 columns, with a cover and table of contents, in an easy-to-read font. I will probably scatter occasional, appropriate clip-art. For the cover, I may use scrapbook paper or print out the cover from Microsoft Word onto nicer paper or card stock.

By Erin813 from Seffner, FL

Great idea - especially because laughter is universal! Personalizing it to the mom's favorite style of humor is the best part. Some moms like bawdier jokes, some are squeaky clean.