Save Your Pringles Lids For Covering Yogurt Containers

If you recycle your Pringles cans, keep the lids.

Most yogurts don't come with them anymore, and most of them can be used for food or crafts. However, without lids, they are great for plants starts but not much else. With the Pringles lid, you can use it for just about anything, even ice cubes for picnic lunches or leftovers.

I have found some plastic picnic pitcher/glass sets that work perfect for the Pringles lids. That keeps the bugs out of your drinks when you are away from the picnic table.

By By Sandra from Salem OR

Good tip.

I have used the lids from other containers on small glass bowls--no need to seal with saran wrap if you have a plastic lid that fits.

8 ounce sour cream covers work too.

Thank you for sharing this! I had started to buy the smaller containers of yogurt because I didn't want to try to store the typical size container when I couldn't finish it.

On this same subject, I wrote an email to the yogurt makers and ask them to put lids on their yogurt containers. I pleaded my case by telling them that then we could recycle the little yogurt containers for so many different things - but so far no luck. They would make great leftover containers, and craft containers, etc. I use one filled with water to put my paint brush in when I am painting with craft water paint.

Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Better Living Green Living ReusingSeptember 18, 2008
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker