Organizing Your Glove Compartment

There are so many things that we need to keep handy in our car glove compartments, and it doesn't take long for it to become so packed with stuff that we can't find anything! I have been able to keep mine organized for years now very easily.

I bought one of those folders they make for organizing your checks. I found one that is made from cloth and it's lasted a lot longer than the plastic ones that tend to crack over time from temperature extremes inside the car.

Inside the folder, I labeled each section. There is a section for Insurance, Registration, Maintenance receipts, Tire receipts, the Owner's manual for the car, and many other things. In the back of the folder I keep two envelopes. One has a $100 money order in it. This is for any emergencies that may come up. I use a money order, because they don't expire and nobody but me can spend it; if it is stolen or lost I can get my money back. Once every other year I cash it and get a new money order.

The second envelope has enough cash in it for one tank of gas. Right now it takes $32 to fill up my tank, so I keep $35 in there. If the price of gas goes up I'll add to it. But if the price goes down, I'll leave it at the last amount that was in there, so there is a little extra.

The only other things that go in my glove compartment are a battery terminal cleaner, a digital tire gauge, and a couple of street maps of areas I will be needing them for. LOL - I will admit the rest of my car may be a mess sometimes, but the glove box is always neat and easy to find things in!

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I would never keep registration and even insurance information in my car. Someone steal you car and it's real easy to transfer the title. I've had a car stolen from me while parked in my driveway at night. I also don't want it to be that easy for a thief to get my personal information. Get your car stolen once and you'll never do this again. About the only thing I keep in my car is small change and the auto manual. I also don't leave anything visible in my car when I park it somewhere while shopping. I've had friend's cars broken into for something that cost very little.

Glove Compartment
Organizing Your Car's Glove Compartment
Organizing AutoSeptember 8, 2010
Rodent nest in a car's engine compartment.
Mice Nesting in a Car
Cleaning Leather Garden Gloves
Cleaning Leather Garden Gloves
exfoliating glove
Using an Exfoliating Glove for Cleaning
A baseball glove with a baseball.
Breaking in a Baseball Glove
🎉
🎄