Controlling Ants

How can I get rid of ants and their mounds?

By blemom from Orlando, FL

This spring we were really disturbed to see a fire ant mound next to our grandbaby's headstone. I did not want to use any type of chemical on our baby, so we would pour an entire bottle of carbonated water on the mound each time we visited, so far so good!

I have tried this and it works. Sprinkle salt on the cut side of cucumber peelings, place the peelings on top of the ant mound.

Strange as it may sound, I have used plain old regular grits (the kind in a bag, like flour) sprinkled on the mounds. The ants eat them and swell and die. Don't let people poo-poo this, as I have seen it work anytime its been used.