Controlling Ants in Lawn and Garden

I started noticing the fine residue created by ants in my entire yard 3 years ago; it is also in planted areas. I used to have a gorgeous lawn, but the ants are killing the grass and plants. Last year I had the lawn aerated and seeded thinking it would come back this year, but again I notice ants and their telltale fine, granular mix everywhere. I have been reading the suggestions and may try the cornmeal or borax solution. Has anyone used a professional lawn service? If so, what was their advice.

By CA

I have been told to pour 2 cups of club soda on the mound. Not sure why, but it works.

About 10% dry 20 mule team Borax in corn syrup. Warm just a little to dissolve. Place solution in cracks and areas pets and wildlife cannot eat it, The worker ants carry it back to nest and whole nest dies. Queen ants live for up to 20 years and produce many new queens.

Home and Garden Gardening Pest ControlJune 3, 2011
📓
🌻
🎂