Link: What Book Got You Hooked?

Well, this isn't a Thrifty Tip but would be Thrifty Fun. I vote for the Literacy site for free, among others, daily so those sites will receive donations for their cause . Right now the Literacy site has a question posted: "What Book Got You Hooked?"

Well, for me it was a book I read in the third grade about Madam Curie.

So, fellow Thrifty Fun Family Members, "What Book Got You Hooked?"

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Editor's Note: Here is the link to that page. Voting is open until September 30, 2009.

I voted too! Mine was a book about Frank Lloyd Wright. Fascinating man

Oh, sassier299! I adore the brilliance and personality of Frank Lloyd Wright, too! What a great book to have gotten you hooked :-) Have seen the cantilevered home he designed in Brentwood, CA from the outside when I lived in L.A. and then lived in Grand Rapids, MI for sixteen years where there are two in East Grand Rapids and they are also amazing! One of them is open to the public for tours and it's a grand tour! Wish there was a home here in Tri Cities, WA to view ;-) Am so happy you voted for the book donation!

I voted too, but my memory went a little further back. :) It was "Richard Scarry's Best Storybook Ever." Loved the pictures and stories inside. It was a gift from my grandparents and I still have it. I've read some of the stories to my little boy. Thanks for the post!

I've been reading since I can remember...since I was 2, says my mom. So I really don't know what hooked me because I can't remember ever not loving it! :grin: As a slightly different bit of info, the first Stephen king book at read, when I was 9 or so, was Christine.

Cool LinksSeptember 25, 2009
Self-Publishing a Book
Self-Publishing a Book
Stack of paperback books.
Repairing a Paperback Book
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Cleaning Rust off of Metal
Removing Rust from Metal
🎄
🍂