Making Moist Cakes

To make a moist cake use pudding in your recipe or use low fat milk.

By Rachel from San Antonio, TX

Do you have any tips for making moist cakes? Feel free to share them below.

For a great tasting...and VERY moist cake, use applesauce (sweetened or not) in place of the oil. I also

substitute applesauce for oil in my pancakes and waffles I make from scratch. It not only reduces the calories, it makes a very moist product that tastes great!!

i always add extra oil (i use coconut oil) to all my cakes. an 8x8 pan will take a couple of tablespoons. a regular cake pan will take up to a scant 1/4 cup. everyone likes my cakes. and yes, it is fattenning. but desert is fattening by design anyway!

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingJune 7, 2006
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
zucchini cake
Zucchini Dessert Recipes
Fondant cake.
Decorating Cakes With Fondant
Thomas the Tank Cake
Making Character Cakes