Personalized Stepping Stones

I am making stepping stones with each family member's hand (or paw) prints and name! We are including all friends and family who visit and will be making one of my bf's mother who is 70! These are really fun and easy. I use Sakrete which is a kind of brick mortar. You shore up a small pizza box with duct tape and line it with a garbage bag. The Sakrete is less than 5 dollars for 80 pounds and I'm using 10 pounds per stone.

By Lily from South Bend, IN

How cute! I think I'll do this with my 4 grandchildren and make new ones every year to see how they are growing!

Great idea, they are beautiful. I wonder if you can color them somehow or maybe just paint them! I will be making them this summer for sure.

my daughter made me one of these only she took pictures form her childhood to place around the outside of the stone. I will treasure it always

Say Lily, Where these thick and strong enough to walk on? I never heard of that materila, can it be bought in the U.S.? Since you drew in them, can items, such as beads, be put in it and will it stay? Thanks, granna

Stepping Ston With "Sheri's Garden" on it
Homemade Stepping Stones
Crafts Garden & YardJune 27, 2007
Hypertufa Stepping Stones
Making Hypertufa Stepping Stones
bride and groom cookies
Buying Personalized Wedding Favors
Tweety Bird stepping stone
Making Cake Pan Stepping Stones
Making Concrete Patio Blocks
Making Concrete Patio Blocks