Beefburgers

Ingredients

• 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 Tbsp. diced onion
  • 1 can chicken gumbo soup
  • 2-3 Tbsp. ketchup
  • 1 Tbsp. mustard

Directions

Brown ground beef and onion; drain off any grease. Add soup, ketchup and mustard. Stir well; let simmer for 20 minutes. Makes 4-6 sandwiches.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is fantastic! I have had the recipe in my family for years. A person might think "Chicken Gumbo Soup?" but it is yummy and also freezes well. I haven't had it for a while, so I'm whipping some up tonight!

January 19, 2012 Flag
This is a great recipe for a large crowd! I like it because not only is it tasty, but if you have to feed that many people, it's pretty inexpensive.

• 5 lb. hamburger
  • 1 1/4 cups ketchup
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar, rounded
  • 1/4 cup vinegar
  • 2 scant Tbsp. mustard
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. dried onion
  • flour

Directions:

Fry hamburger and onion in skillet until it has lost its red color. Drain off any excess fat. Combine remaining ingredients, except flour and stir into hamburger. Sprinkle sparingly with flour to help hold mixture together. Simmer 20 minutes.

Servings: 20
Prep Time: 25-30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes

By Robin from Washington, IA

That is an interesting recipe. I cook my hamburger patties in the oven (350 for 20-25 minutes)I always have to cook to serve several people. I form the patties and ad whatever I want,ie onions, garlic, ranch dressing, seasoning, form my patties and place them on large cookie sheets. I spray the pans with cooking spray and sometimes line my pans with aluminum foil to make for a quicker clean up.

When the burgers are done I remove from the oven add cheese to however many. The cheese will melt in a minute or two and the buns are ready. My family loves them and the grease drains off making for lower amount of fat.

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches BurgersAugust 21, 2008
🎄