Use Spray Paint to Update Garden Planters

The large terracotta-colored pot we used last summer for our porch planter just did not look right with the selection of coleus and other shade plants we wanted to use this year. We shopped around, only to find that it would cost close to $50 to replace that pot with a much more suitable black one. Then inspiration: we used a $7 can of black spray paint (for use on plastic) to create a glossy black pot in minutes. It looks great!

By Susan from Akron, OH

I never would have thought of that. I have some white plastic window boxes that could use a beauty treatment, I'll have to try it. thanks for the tip.

Excellent idea! I have some large foam pots that have aged and this is a great idea to brighten them up! Thank you!

Broken terra cotta planter used to retain garden plant.
Reusing Terra Cotta Planters
Home and Garden Gardening ContainerJune 12, 2008
Cans of spray paint in various colors.
Removing Spray Paint From Walls
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Paint Cans with Color Spectrum and Brushes
Saving Money on Paint (Interior)