Do Fleas Jump Off of Pets After Treatment?

When a pet is given the first dose of Advantage or Revolution, do the fleas jump off the pet and into the environment? Or do the fleas die from the chemicals? I am asking this because I'm wondering if I should put the cat outside for a while? Is it okay for it to sleep on my bed right after giving the dose? I don't want the fleas to jump off of my cat and onto my sheets!

By Cyinda from the WA

I have never observed fleas jumping off my dog from a treatment of Advantix. However, they do jump off the dog onto beds, couches, rugs, etc. before the treatment. That's often how I found out the dog had fleas. I guess it's that time of year again :(

No, the fleas don't jump off after the treatment.

Well yes they do! I luckily put a towel down after on my bed and the cat got up after about 4 hours. Thankfully I decided to turn the light on and look at the towel and there were at least 40 fleas crawling all Over most definitely alive! I don't know if they would have died but it was hours after treatment and I am still finding them. The cat has never been on my bed before or even in my room. It's my dads cat. I just wanted to keep an eye as have heard it can make them sick

No, they dont jump off. They may fall off when they die, but I never saw any. I did notice that any fleas living in my carpet jumped onto the cat and died also. Any hatching fleas died the dame way. I know I had fleas in my carpet when I treated the cat and I havent seen any for 3 years now (indoor cats). I never had to treat again.

Pets FleasMay 26, 2010
Craft: Jump Ring Earrings
Making Jump Ring Earrings
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Dog Scratching at Fleas
Getting Rid of Fleas in Your Yard
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding
🎉
🎄