Recipe For Cherry Goody

I grew up making and eating something called CHERRY GOODY. Even our school cafeteria made it...does anyone have a recipe?
Thank you.

Lisa from Belmont, OH

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By K (Guest Post) 10/16/2007

Sounded intriguing so I did a google search and found these two...not sure if it is what you had in mind:

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lisa 1 1 10/17/2007

Thank you very much, these are close. But this one had rolled oats and brown sugar in the crust. Mmmmm! The recipes you sent me are like something I used to make called "Dump Cake" and its very good, add cherry and pineapple filling and top with brown sugar & a little flour. Thanks again!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Roberta (Guest Post) 10/17/2007

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By lizhart (Guest Post) 10/17/2007

That's it! Thank you!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By April Connett 16 10/18/2007

now my question for you all:

Ever heard of cherry yum-yum? I vaguely remember it from a foster home I was in, but I was too young to pay attention to what it was. I remember they used cherry pie filling and it had (maybe) cream cheese in it?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Nancyb 1 02/22/2011

I grew up in the Belmont County area and this is the recipe my family used.

Cherry Goody

1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Quaker quick oats
3/4 cup softened butter or oleo

1 can cherry pie filling

Mix all the dry ingredients together and then mix in the butter using a fork. Put 1/2 of this mixture into a 9 x 9 pan. Press it down firmly. Put the cherry pie filling on top . Sprinkle the other 1/2 of oat mixture on top evenly. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes of until golden brown. We always served it with vanilla ice cream.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No