Growing Tibouchina Plant

I have a Tibouchina plant, which I believe is native to Brazil. My question is how hardy is this plant? At the moment it is in a pot in my greenhouse, and covered with beautiful purple flowers. I live 400 yards from the English Channel, so our winters are reasonably mild. Any help on keeping this fantastic plant alive through the winter would be much appreciated. Regards to all.

Polly from Selsey, UK

They respond well to very severe pruning after flowering ( in winter ) Your plant maybe a bush or a tree they come in both catergaries. They survive the Autralian winters so they are frost tolerant. In Beijing they wrap the bushes in the streets in hessian to keep them warm - They are common in China too - I guess that putting a hessian sack over it would do no harm on those cold English winter nights

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceSeptember 9, 2008
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Europe on a globe.
Plant Hardiness Zones for France
Sun Star Plant
Caring for a Sun Star Plant
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds