Can I Safely Use a Burned Copper Bottomed Pot?

I boiled water in my 2 gallon stainless pan with a copper bottom. I forgot about it and all the copper was burnt off. Is the pan still safe to use or trash it?

By Thomas

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Is the pan truly copper? I know it's really hard to cook/scrub/scrap the copper off of those pans. What's important is what the inside of the pan looks like. If it is smooth and still fresh steel/stainless then you are ok. The worst that can happen is that the pan may cook a little uneven so remember that with sauces and thick soups unless you can get the outside of the pan the same thickness. If using a sealed top electric stove be sure the bottom is very even or you may crack your stove.

I have cleaned the outside of a few pans with a drill and a wire brush to make them even and it never changed how they looked or cooked on the inside, especially where you have to use them all the time (in a restaurant).

Scorched Stainless Steel Pan
Can I Still Use a Scorched Stainless Steel Pan?
Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 29, 2010
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:58:54 PM on 10.0.0.74 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.