Can I Safely Use a Burned Copper Bottomed Pot?

I boiled water in my 2 gallon stainless pan with a copper bottom. I forgot about it and all the copper was burnt off. Is the pan still safe to use or trash it?

By Thomas

Is the pan truly copper? I know it's really hard to cook/scrub/scrap the copper off of those pans. What's important is what the inside of the pan looks like. If it is smooth and still fresh steel/stainless then you are ok. The worst that can happen is that the pan may cook a little uneven so remember that with sauces and thick soups unless you can get the outside of the pan the same thickness. If using a sealed top electric stove be sure the bottom is very even or you may crack your stove.

I have cleaned the outside of a few pans with a drill and a wire brush to make them even and it never changed how they looked or cooked on the inside, especially where you have to use them all the time (in a restaurant).

Scorched Stainless Steel Pan
Can I Still Use a Scorched Stainless Steel Pan?
Consumer Advice General AdviceJune 29, 2010
Copper Kitchen Sink
Considering a Copper Kitchen Sink
Copper Pots
Cleaning Copper Pots and Pans
Copper Pitcher
Cleaning and Polishing Copper
crochet strap for Crock Pot lid
Making a Crochet Crock Pot Strap