Hurricane Katrina - How Can You Help

To all of our readers in the affected areas, you are in our hearts and prayers. For all of us safe and on dry land, here is a list of phone numbers set up solely for cash donations and/or volunteers. Feel free to add you comments and ways to help.

Along with our own personal donations, ThriftyFun will donate $3 for each photo entry submitted by midnight Sunday, September 4th to the Red Cross.

Donate cash to:

America's Second Harvest
1-800-344-8070

Second Harvest is working with the Red Cross to provide food for victims. You can donate on line at:

http://www.secondharvest.org

American Red Cross
1-800-HELP NOW (435-7669) English,
1-800-257-7575 Spanish;
http://redcross.org/

Operation Blessing
1-800-436-6348

Donate Cash to and Volunteer with:

Adventist Community Services
1-800-381-7171

Catholic Charities, USA
703 549-1390

Christian Disaster Response
941-956-5183 or 941-551-9554

Christian Reformed World Relief Committee
1-800-848-5818

Church World Service
1-800-297-1516

Convoy of Hope
417-823-8998

Lutheran Disaster Response
800-638-3522

Mennonite Disaster Service
717-859-2210

Nazarene Disaster Response
888-256-5886

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
800-872-3283

Salvation Army
1-800-SAL-ARMY (725-2769)

Southern Baptist Convention -- Disaster Relief
1-800-462-8657, ext. 6440

United Methodist Committee on Relief
1-800-554-8583

For further information: visit the website for the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD) at: http://www.nvoad.org/

Feel free to add your comments or ways to help in the feedback section.

I would never in my lifetime thought I'd see such devestation among the people of America,since the events of September 11.The personal thing I think we as Christians can do is pray.I personally plan to spend most of my day in prayer for these affected,and I am asking that any believer who reads my message join me in a chain of prayer for them.God has promised in his word that "What things you desire,when you pray,believe that you recieve them, and you shall have them."Let's join in prayer for these victims.

I agree wholeheartedly-- the absolute best thing we can do is pray. After that, we can donate whatever we have-- money, time, labor, or more prayer. I am thinking that these people will not be able to stay in emergency shelters for the entire time they are going to need before they can go home. Eventually someone is going to have to help with shelter for the victims. If anyone hears about anyone doing this, please post the information so that those who are interested can open up their homes.

I live in the Lafayette, La. Area and we do have a lot of people from the New Orleans area now living here. They are DESTROYED---panicky, lost, etc. It's really sad to see some of them. PRAYERS will not doubt get these people through it all. We're providing items--food, etc. for these people. Our communities are coming together and TRYING our best to keep them safe.

PLEASE don't stop praying now for them. They are saying it will probably be around December for them to go for their first visit back to where their house ONCE WAS......

God Bless

I live in Houma Louisiana, we do have minor damage here, compared to New Orleans and Mississippi, but we are very greatful we have our lives. We do have a few thousand refugees from new orleans here in our shelters and it is very somber. These poor people have nothing, some of them were coming in only blankets, no clothing. our communitee here has been fantastic, we have people donating clothing, food, hygiene products, and their time. We have volunteers whose own home might have damage, here handing out clothing and food as these people are coming in.

The sad part, is we are pulling together to help these people, and some of them leave the shelters and go and break into our homes to steal what we have.

We definately need to PRAY, without our faith, I really don't think it would be possible to hold on. We defintely need as much prayer as possible. We pray all day and with our faith we know we can work through this. God Bless Everyone!

I was up all night praying, it was hard to sleep thinking people were trying to sleep on a roof. I will continue to pray...

We have set up a forum for people to register missing friends and family, and hopefully receive some feedback from those on the ground. Please go to: http://skaffe2.com/SMF/index.php

We are looking for Matthew Miller and Rex Thompson in Picayune, Mississippi. Any information would be appreciated.

I am ashamed to be an American. We have hundreds of thousands of troops helping the Iraqis and a measly two or 3 thousand heading for New Orleans. Bottom line is you better move somewhere safe from disaster and terror because the US cannot protect us or even come to the rescue. Hundreds died over 4 full days before deciding to send more troops. Sad. So Sad

JUNE 1940 DUNKIRK. 338,000 SAVED ON THE BEACH AT DUNKIRK USING SMALL BOATS. WHY NOT NEW ORLEANS? CITY HAS DROWNED. GET THE PEOPLE OUT. POUR GAS ON THE WATER. CREMATE THE CORPSES, WHY NOT NEW ORLEANS?

The best thing that could is for the residents of New Orleans is to be housed together in a refugee camp in the Arizona desert. These people need special care because the conditions they have had to endure.Let military transports bring them to a rescue center set up by the government and let anyone that can assist be of help any way they can.The health of outsiders is an important concern that some haven't taken into consideration.The citizens of the Gulf Coast region need individual care and the only way for them to get it is to isolate them and provide schools hospitals and temporary housing.The region will survive this devastation and welcome home the ones that want to return.The south is strong and will rise again.

Have any wolf hybrids been rescued? I can't find any info. I will be going to the coast with red cross within the next three weeks hopefully. On my own time,I plan to help with any hybrids that I can. Mine will appreciate it.

Natural Disaster Aid
Donating to Natural Disaster Aid
Home and Garden EmergencySeptember 2, 2005
damaged house
Hurricane Damage Photos
A sign that says hurricane season.
Food Safety After a Hurricane
Tree Fallen on House After Hurricane
Preparing for a Hurricane
A search and rescue worker during a natural disaster.
Helping During a National Emergency
🎉
🎄