Thank You Cards From Gift Bags

I was so thrilled when I figured this out yesterday that I had to share it! My son's grandmother gave him a Halloween gift in a Halloween themed lunch bag. As I was putting the gift away I thought about how to save the bag and remember it for next year. At the same time I was thinking of writing thank you notes for his Halloween gifts.

Yes, you guessed it, the two came together and I was pleased to discover that I could cut up the bag and have the cutest Halloween thank you notes. I was able to make two good sized ones (and the bottom 3 inches of the bag became a cute play hat for my one year old!). I then wrote on the "cards" and put them in envelopes I had made out of Halloween themed ads I found in my many magazines.

Free thank you notes! I am now thinking of all my options-I could have added a bow, ribbon, plastic spider leftovers, etc. I am also considering waiting until after Christmas to buy the discounted Christmas themed lunch bags to make thanks notes from them too! So many ideas all of a sudden!

By Deanna

Deanna, what a great idea. Where did you get the themed lunch bags?

Thanks!

Make Your Own GiftsNovember 14, 2004
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards
daughter giving mother a gift
Thank You Speech for Mother's 80 Birthday
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes
🎄