Invest in Good Painting Tools - Categories:

PaintingHome Improvement

Invest in Good Painting Tools

If you are going to be doing a lot of painting, invest in good quality tools (brushes, rollers, roller covers and paint trays). Better tools last longer, costing less in the long run than constantly replacing cheaper items. This help save the environment too.

By Patticat

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Better painting tools do last longer but you really have to take care of them or you will have spent more but not gotten anymore life out of them. One good place to find painting supplies is at garage sales. I have found some nice rollers that I have used a number of times.

I am a professional scenic artist at Seaworld and we purchase only the best brushes for our projects. At home I only use Purdy brushes for large projects and expensive but quality brushes for my canvas paintings. These are the tools of my trade and nothing but the best will do. Like Anne said, you must take good care of them. There is an 'art' to cleaning a brush and there are some great sites on Google that will teach you how. I have had my brushes for many years and I even keep the ones that are almost worn out. They are still useful.

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingJune 16, 2004
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Trowel and Garden Gloves
Buying Garden Tools
Garden Tools in Basket
Maintaining Garden Tools
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 18, 2016 at 4:50:02 PM on 10.0.0.123 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.