Tip For Rethreading Drawstrings

I sew a lot and often make things that need to have drawstrings threaded through. I used to clip large safety pins to the string and thread it through that way, but my hands would get tight and hurt. Now I keep leftover chopsticks from take-out Chinese and tape the string to the bottom and use them like a giant needle to thread the string. Not only does it save my hands from aching, but it cuts the time in half too.

By Carolyn S.

If you use chopsticks, would knitting needles or large plastic crochet hooks also work? I don't have anything at this moment to restring. So...

When my children were little ones..I always sewed down the centre of the channel where the drawstring went through. I did this as soon as the item was brought home before it ever got laundered. After many,many washings, the cord was still in place...no time consuming rethreading with needles, chopsticks or whatever. It works great!!

I wanted to put my 2 cents in also. I have skewers with a "o" shape on the end and use one of these for threading elastic through casings. Really saves on my fingers.

pats

I make a knot (keep knotting the same spot) thick enough at the end of the drawstring so that the end of the drawstring won't fit through the hole and get lost. When they do get lost, I use methods similar to what all of you have described. I also tie the drawstrings together when washing the garment.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts SewingJanuary 24, 2005
A tip on a table in a restaurant.
Calculating Tips at Restaurants
The back of a red hybrid car.
Environmentally Friendly Driving Tips
Sports fans drinking at a sports bar.
How Much Should You Tip at a Sports Bar?
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
🎉
🎄