Avoid Lightning Strikes with a Plastic Tipped Umbrella

This is a guide about avoiding lightning strikes with plastic tipped umbrella. An umbrella with a metal tip at the top can attract lightning if you are out in a storm. By choosing one with a plastic tip, you can help avoid getting hurt.

I live in a tropical country. We don't have snow, but we have rainy seasons with thunder and lightning, so we have to choose an umbrella very well. We should be looking at the tip of the umbrella, what I mean is the finial end of the umbrella. It should be plastic not the metal one. Because when your using the metal tip it can attract the lightning to the umbrella and it endangers your life. This is a serious thing in my country. I hope this tip is helpful.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Top Comment

Yes maam judy, because most of my citizens in my country has been struck of lightning because of those kinds of umbrella.

I would never have thought of that. Thank you for posting.