Making Patio Umbrella into a Half Umbrella

If you need only part of an umbrella for a tight space, you can cut down a full size patio umbrella to fit. This is a guide about making patio umbrella into a half umbrella.

How do I convert a patio umbrella into a half umbrella?

By Tina from Boynton Beach, FL

Answers

Best Answer

I made a new umbrella from a frame and round tableclothe from a thrift store. I believe you could cut the fabric up one side. Decide which spokes you want to use, cut the others close to the top (so you don't lose the cranking mechanism). Trim the fabric from the top, again leaving some to cover the crown, and leave enough to fold under the last spoke you are keeping on either side. Using fabric glue, or needle and heavy thread, to secure the fabric around the spoke. Hint: clothes pins or bag clamps will help hold the fabric while you secure it. Let us know how it works for you. You can contact me if more info needed. I love clever thrifty thinkers!

Can I make my patio umbrella into a half umbrella?

Marie from NY