Marching Band Centerpiece Ideas

Part of planning for a school banquet is creating the table centerpieces to reflect the group being honored. This is a guide about marching band centerpiece ideas.

April 6, 2004 Flag

We are planning the year end banquet/band concert for our High School Marching Band. I really need a special centerpiece for each table that the seniors can take home with them. Our budget is limited but I can get enough parent support to make the centerpieces ourselves. I can't seem to find that "special" idea. Please help.

Sandra

I am also in the middle of planning a band banquet.Try decorating coffee cans to look like drums.Fill with mylar basket filler(easter grass).Place balloons inside.If your ambitious,go to micheals,they have wooden instrument cutouts,paint them glue to a wooden skewer and put them in with the balloons.

Good luck

Here's some pictures of a previous year's centerpieces I made for our Band Banquet. It might not be what you're looking for as far as a gift for the seniors, but it is inexpensive, and maybe it will inspire you. We have to do our decorating on a shoestring budget, too!

My theme was "All Star Band". I used one full centerpiece on each table with a stand-alone eighth note on either side of that, plus stars and blue ribbon construction paper cutouts and confetti scattered along the length of the table.

Here are the particulars:

-Balloons in school colors (ours are red, white, blue) blown up the old fashioned way - helium is expensive!

-Eighth notes cut from black construction paper

-Stars cut from white construction paper

-Really cheap silk flowers

-Star garland and star tissue paper from Party City

-Copied section of a musical score (I copied it so that when the paper is folded in half the score is right side up on both sides. This gives it a little more body to stand upright.)

-Fresh leaves-in this case from a Southern Magnolia.

-Cheap gold floral bowls, floral foam, floral picks, and floral pins (it helps if there is a floral wholesaler near you who also sells to the public)

I hope this helps some of you. Now I need some help for this year's centerpieces. I want to do: Music - A Universal Language. Let me hear your creative (and CHEAP!) thoughts.

This is an idea I might be using for reunion centerpieces. I'm using sheet music instead of 'typed' letters.

Summer, maybe this is something you could do for your banquet. Maybe have each table with a different country as a theme and make plain flowers in coordinating colors as well as musical note flowers.

(Like red, green and white for Italy)

These are the instructions I used for the open flowers:

Make a Paper Tulip Flower and Leaves

Step 1

Draw six petals on colored paper, or use the rose petal template linked below. The petals should be wide at the bottom, and fairly narrow at the top.

Step 2

Cut out the petals and arrange them in a circle, with the narrow ends pointing out, overlapping the lower edges of the petals. Glue the petals together where they overlap in the center of the circle, then bend the petals up to form a cup shape.

Step 3

Bend the end of a green pipe cleaner slightly, and glue or tape it to the bottom of the tulip.

Step 4

Draw several tulip leaves on green paper, making each leaf wide at the bottom and pointed at the top, and about as tall as the stem. Cut out the leaves.

Step 5

Wrap the pointed end of each leaf around a pencil to curl it, then remove the pencil. Glue the wide ends of the leaves to the bottom of the stem.

Read more: How to Make Paper Flowers & Leaves | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4780487_mak ... er-flowers-leaves.html#ixzz0rGQM0sZG

I made the umbrella-type flowers using Martha Stewart's idea for tissue-paper pom poms. However, I used only one sheet of paper.

http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to ... ue-paper-pom-poms-how-to?backto=true

I used inexpensive store-bought 1/2" craft pom poms for the centers.

We always use an autograph picture frame for our seniors. Usually an 11x14 frame with a 5x7 picture of the band student in uniform. All band members write a saying or just sign their names. Children seem to enjoy it.

Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesApril 15, 2013
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Table Centerpiece
Table Centerpiece Ideas
Banquet Table Decorations
Banquet Table Decoration Ideas
Candle centerpiece at a wedding.
Wedding Candle Centerpiece Ideas
🎄